We’ve built our reputation on delivering successful meetings and events, but we strive to make success sustainable. Our commitment to responsible business means a clearer conscience for you. It’s all part of Meet Well, an approach to meetings and events that not only reduces our environmental impact but also means we can give something back to the community.
By meeting well, you're meeting responsibly. Here's how.
- Travel and accommodation
Within easy walking distance of public distance public transport, each venue practices water conservation and energy efficiency and all have been awarded Green 500 Platinum awards for the reduction of carbon emissions.
- Recycling and re-using
Everything is automatically recycled at the end of the day, so 'recycling stations' are unnecessary in our meeting rooms. Most items are re-usable rather than disposable, like china and glassware, linen napkins, ceramic creamers and sugar dispensers. 100% of our non-food waste is either recycled or used to generate electricity.
- Thought for food
Most of our ingredients are locally sourced, always in season and always from ethical suppliers we know and trust. With your wellbeing in mind, they're also healthy and nutritionally balanced. Our chefs are happy to design menus exclusively for you, so you'll always know the provenance of your food.
- Giving back to the community
Aware of our potential to make a real difference to the lives of people in need, we support the work of two international charities giving disadvantaged children and young people a start in life that most of us take for granted. Closer to home, each hotel supports a local charity, from helping the homeless to training the unemployed for work in the hospitality industry.
Keen to be green?
Follow these tips to plan a more responsible meeting or event:
- Minimise ground transportation by choosing a venue that’s easy to get to using public transport.
- If car travel is absolutely necessary, encourage shared transportation for delegates.
- Reduce printed material. Don’t send paper invites or information and use online registration tools and electronic communications with delegates. Avoid sending course content, agendas or paper hand outs for the meeting. All documents can be hosted as part of the event registration website. If you do have to print, use recycled paper, ideally use soy ink and print double sided.
- Coordinate with your venue to donate unserved meals, or compost organics.
- Ensure lights and air conditioning are turned off in your meeting room when not in use.
- If flowers are required at your event, try to use living plants rather than cut flowers.
Our responsible business commitments to you:
- To minimise the consumption of natural resources and the production of excess water, waste and energy related to the planning and execution of each conference, meeting or event.
- To improve our overall Carbon Footprint through reduced overall carbon emissions and improved Responsible Business practices.
- To encourage our suppliers and contractors to adopt overall Responsible Business and Carbon performance practices
- To assist our employees, delegates, partners and visitors to minimise the overall ecological and carbon footprint of conferences, meetings and events
- To foster actions that avoid harm to biodiversity and human health
- To evaluate our progress and report our successes to stakeholders and the general public
- To improve the wellbeing of both the local community and the natural environment in which we operate
We're proud to be part of the Green Tourism Business Scheme and have been given the Silver Award. We're doing our bit to meet Green Tourism's high standards.
Find out more about Responsible Business at Radisson Blu Edwardian hotels.