Responsible Business - Meet Well
Corporate and Social Responsibility
We’ve built our reputation on delivering successful meetings and events, but we strive to make success sustainable. Our commitment to responsible business means a clearer conscience for you. It’s all part of Meet Well, an approach to meetings and events that not only reduces our environmental impact but also means we can give something back to the community.
By meeting well, you're meeting responsibly. Here's how.
Keen to be green?
Follow these tips to plan a more responsible meeting or event:
- Minimise ground transportation by choosing a venue that’s easy to get to using public transport.
- If car travel is absolutely necessary, encourage shared transportation for delegates.
- Reduce printed material. Don’t send paper invites or information and use online registration tools and electronic communications with delegates. Avoid sending course content, agendas or paper hand outs for the meeting. All documents can be hosted as part of the event registration website. If you do have to print, use recycled paper, ideally use soy ink and print double sided.
- Coordinate with your venue to donate unserved meals, or compost organics.
- Ensure lights and air conditioning are turned off in your meeting room when not in use.
- If flowers are required at your event, try to use living plants rather than cut flowers.
Our responsible business commitments to you:
- To minimise the consumption of natural resources and the production of excess water, waste and energy related to the planning and execution of each conference, meeting or event.
- To improve our overall Carbon Footprint through reduced overall carbon emissions and improved Responsible Business practices.
- To offset all CO2 emissions related to travel to and participation in the conference, meeting or event by employees and sponsored guests
- To encourage our suppliers and contractors to adopt overall Responsible Business and Carbon performance practices
- To assist our employees, delegates, partners and visitors to minimise the overall ecological and carbon footprint of conferences, meetings and events
- To foster actions that avoid harm to biodiversity and human health
- To evaluate our progress and report our successes to stakeholders and the general public
- To improve the wellbeing of both the local community and the natural environment in which we operate
Read our Responsible Meetings Commitments as a PDF.
<< Back to Meeting Rooms London main menu