Stories telling the origin of the cocktail are many and varied – almost as many as there are cocktails themselves. But it was in 1920′s America that the modern cocktail came of age. The chic new drinks were immortalised on the silver screen and sipped in bars and speakeasies. No wonder it’s called the roaring twenties!
In a great cocktail each ingredient complements the others perfectly, creating subtlety and depth found in the timeless favourites, or the adventurous flavours of modern inventions and twists on the classics.
The Hampshire Bar
At our London bars there are cocktails aplenty but that’s not the only thing on the menu – in fact, this summer there’s something for everyone:
- Check out London’s biggest pewter bar at Aston on Tottenham Court Road and get 3 for 2 on pints of beer or try a bottle of our house wine for just £12 (between 5-7pm)
- Get half price on selected drinks at Azura in Canary Wharf (3-6pm), The Oceanic at Heathrow (5.30-7pm), MKB in Guildford (5-7pm) or Nova in Marble Arch (5-7pm)
MKB in Guildford
- Head down to Leicester Square to get 2 for 1 cocktails like the classic Woo Woo, chic Cosmopolitan, refreshing Mojito and more at the Hampshire Bar (available 5-7pm, excluding the Hampshire Terrace)
- Take a break from shopping and head to Apex Bar on Oxford Street for 50% off selected beers, wines and spirits (5-7pm, Sunday to Thursday)
Apex Bar on Oxford Street
- Have a pre-theatre tipple at Bloomsbury St Bar (below) with 50% off selected drinks including our house Champagne (4-6pm, Sunday to Thursday)
Bloomsbury St Bar
- Relax in the newly refurbished Creation Bar at the Kenilworth with half price on wine by the glass and spirits (4-6pm)
Creation Bar in Bloomsbury
Whether you choose something long and refreshing, simple and dry, sweet, creamy or sour, just sit back and watch our bartenders work their art to pour a great drink for you.
Welcome to London – what can we get you?